Summary of the performances of the BWS at the 3rd round of the interclub weightlifting competition, organized by us at the HSPC in Lasne.
This Sunday, May 8 was held the third round of interclubs, which we organized with the HSPC of Lasne. The coaches had a lot of work with 13 athletes of the BWS who participated in this competition, but not without results! Short summary:
- Martijn broke all his personal competition records and achieved a 5/6.
- Dirk added 1kg to reach exact the same total as Martijn.
- Valentin added so many kilos to his total that we can't even count them, after being absent for over 2 years on the competition platform.
- Thomas did a 6/6, and broke all his records to add 6 kg to his total.
- Ka Lok did a very good performance as well, doing a 6/6, and breaking his records in the clean and jerk.
- François-Xavier also did a 6/6 for his first competition and added a kilo to his snatch record.
- Philippe also achieved a 6/6 and broke his record in the clean and jerk and his total competition record.
- Despite a disturbed warm-up in the snatch, Erik still managed to break the Francophone League record with a clean and jerk of 107kg.
- Melissa didn't just make the announcements and keep the scoreboard, she also broke all her competition records with a nice 6/6 performance.
- And Mathilde did a 5/6 to add a kilo to her snatch record and 3kg to her total.
Our teams placed well in what was arguably our best day as a team. We qualified the maximum 2 teams for the final and are preparing for the last stretch of the interclub season.
Congrats to everybody who took part and brought precious points toward the overall ranking !
Congratulations also to our coaches and to Michael who passed his national referee exam!
Thanks to @thefittestshots for his pictures of the event.